Despite the most severe days of social isolation behind us, we still have to recognize that some of our pandemic habits will persist. Let me give you an example. We can watch movies and series without leaving our couch with our favorite people. There are plenty of ways to watch movies together online, even if you’re thousands of miles apart, from Zoom to Rabbit (don’t worry, we’ll explain). Pop the popcorn. Preferably you will learn more about how to watch Netflix together
Due to social alienation, many people miss group activities they’re used to, such as watching movies with friends, but there are ways to do that online. With Netflix Party, you can watch videos with your friends while chatting at the same time.
You and your friends log into separate Netflix accounts. Select a movie or show to watch, and Netflix Party will sync the playback across all your accounts so that everyone can watch it at the same time. Netflix Party offers a text chat feature on the side of the screen (similar to what YouTube does during a live stream) that lets you and your friends react and chat in real-time.
What is Netflix party plus?
The Netflix Party plus Chrome add-on lets you communicate with your friends while watching Netflix simultaneously. All you have to do is sign in to your Netflix account and share a watching link. Once the show begins, everyone will be able to watch, and a chat room will appear to the right.
Watch a movie together using Netflix party plus:
Netflix Party allows you to watch Netflix with your friends online. Sync video playback and add group chat to your favorite Netflix shows with Netflix Party.
Over 500,000 people already use Netflix Party to connect with friends and arrange long-distance movie nights and TV watch parties.
What devices work on Netflix party plus?
Only Mac and PC laptops and desktop computers are compatible with the Netflix parties. Netflix Party is not available on iPads, games consoles, or televisions at the moment. Neither Android nor iOS is currently supported by Netflix Party.
Keep in mind that Netflix party streaming with Chrome will only be available in HD resolution. Microsoft Edge supports 4K streaming.
Steps to host a Netflix watch party with the extension:
- You can download the Netflix party extension.
- Start watching a video on Netflix.
- Next to your address bar, the Netflix Party extension icon should have changed from grey to red. Click on it.
- A pop-up box will ask you to “Create a Netflix Party.” You can either control the playback yourself or allow anyone to do so. Select “Start the Party.”
- A new window will open with a link. Send your friends the URL by copying it. If necessary, you can access this site by clicking the Netflix Party extension icon.
- Netflix Party will create a symbol for you automatically. By clicking on the symbol, you can change it (there are a few options) as well as your nickname.
To join a Netflix party, follow these steps:-
- Click on the extension to get the shareable URL.
- Choose the Netflix Party icon from the drop-down menu.
- Watch the desired movie or TV show
- Invite your friends to the Netflix watch party by sharing the URL
- With your close ones, you can chat and watch all your favorite stuff online
Features and benefits:-
Check out some of the real-time features that will keep you entertained throughout the party. You can either control the video playback yourself, or you can delegate it to everyone. Users’ information will be synced and displayed in real-time. You can chat with your friends.
- Covid restrictions:
After the world came to a halt earlier this year due to the COVID-19 outbreak, people started working from home to maintain social distance. As a result, people began watching movies and television in ways they had never experienced before. For individuals who miss out on group events and activities, Netflix has released a free Chrome extension called Netflix Party.
- Spread Netflix:
Your guests will be required to use their own Netflix accounts to check in. Take a quick poll before you choose a movie to make sure everyone is on board. Netflix memberships can be shared across six devices, but only two streams can be watched simultaneously.
- Decide who will be responsible for the playback:
In some cases, a host may choose to be the only one who can fast forward and rewind the video. Unless the host specifies otherwise, each invitee will be able to control the playback. As a result, you may find yourself taking too many popcorn refill breaks.
- Establish ground rules for group chats:
Netflix Party allows you to customize the conversation with user symbols and creative usernames. Take advantage of this opportunity! In the chat, you can use GIFs, emoticons, and even screenshots to express yourself. Enjoy your favorite movies watch Netflix together.
Is Netflix Party plus safe?
People don’t like sharing their personal information, much like Joey doesn’t like sharing his food. Netflix Party is a Chrome extension that, by default, makes it appear terrible. Chrome add-ons are commonly used to exploit dangerous code, so many people wonder if Netflix Party is safe. We have no idea. There are a few things you can do to be safe.
- Please ask your friends not to post the link anywhere public. It is not password protected, so anyone with the URL could join your Netflix Party.
- You’ll have to deal with tracking. Netflix Party uses trackers to monitor your browsing habits. Since the service does not follow the standard “Do Not Track” option, you will not be able to turn off the tracking. If you don’t mind targeted advertisements, it shouldn’t be a problem.
Watch Netflix Together Online for free in your Computer:-
It’s not always possible to go to the movies with friends or to visit a friend’s house to watch TV together. That is why Netflix Party was created for everyone for free. So, switch over to the Netflix Party addon and learn how to use it. Enjoy with your friends and buddies online and feel the same as in a movie theatre.
If you haven’t tried it out during a lockdown, Netflix party (Netflix Party) is a method to watch Netflix together while remaining apart, all from the comfort of your own homes.
The name change is due to the fact that the service has now grown to include not only Netflix, but also Hulu, HBO Max, HBO Now, and Disney Plus.
We’ve demonstrated what Netflix party can do, how it works, and how to utilize it in this article. It’s now your turn to get involved and enjoy the benefit.